CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Book 20 - Picture Perfect (Jodi Picoult)

PICTURE PERFECT - Jodi Picoult


Yet another triumph from JP. I pick up her books now with a certain degree of trepidation, I am concerned that I perhaps won't like the story, or I will somehow feel disappointed at the end because I have enjoyed her other novels so much.

I am pleased to say that this has not been the case (thus far, I still have two or three to go before I have read her complete collection to date) and Picture Perfect is a poignant and moving story telling the tale of difficult childhoods and domestic abuse, centring around the main character of Cassie and her husband, Alex. Cassie finds herself injured and suffering memory loss in a cemetery one evening and is rescued by a police officer.

The story unfolds as she gradually regains her memories and remembers exactly what happened leading up to her accident, and the twists and turns that follow as she tries to piece her life back together in the aftermath of her discovery.

While Picture Perfect is not my favourite JP novel, it is certainly well written and enjoyable, and everything I have come to expect from her work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment