CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 6 July 2012

Books 3>6 - The Hunger Games, Not Without My Daughter, Dead Until Dark

While I was in hospital I managed to read the following titles -

THE HUNGER GAMES - CATCHING FIRE - Suzanne Collins

The second book in The Hunger Games triology, and equally as attention grabbing as the first. It is a thrilling read and I enjoyed it thoroughly.







THE HUNGER GAMES - MOCKINGJAY - Suzanne Collins

I have to admit I didn't enjoy the third book of The Hunger Games trilogy as much the first two, but it was a pleasant read with a good structure and a satisfying end to the story.






NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER - Betty Mahmoody

This book overwhelmed me with a plethora of emotions and is the story of one woman's struggle for freedom for herself and her young daughter from a foreign land. It was truly captivating and I found myself willing her on as she got closer to freedom. Fantastic.





DEAD UNTIL DARK - Charlaine Harris

I am a huge fan of the series 'True Blood' on FX and I have had the first three books that the series is based on for several months, and I have now finally started reading them. Being able to picture the characters made it easy to connect with the story and it really brought it to life in my mind. The story follows the life of Sookie Stackhouse, a telepath living an unassuming life with her brother and Grandmother in Bon Temps, a small town in northern Louisiana, USA who meets and falls in love with a vampire, Bill. I wholly enjoyed this book, particularly as an accompaniment to the tv show and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment